NASA will retire its Earth Observing-1 (EO-1) satellite by the end of March, 17 years after it was launched to space. Launched on November 21, 2000, EO-1 satellite made history for being the first to map active lava flows from space, the first to measured a facility’s methane leak from space, and also the first […]
Every so often uneventful things happen in space, and NASA’s own Mars satellite MAVEN was no exception. The space agency said in a statement on Thursday March 2, that it had to take countermeasures to avoid their science satellite from colliding with Mars’ moon Phobos. The evasive maneuver had to be done asap as it was […]
This video shows us the thrilling ride of a rocket launching into space, but this time from the rockets perspective. From the launch to its final destination of releasing a satellite, this video shows you step by step how the process unfolds, eventually releasing Sentinel-1A satellite into orbit 700 km (435 miles) above Earth.
- This Planet Rains Glass And Has Winds That Blow Seven Times the Speed of Sound under Space
- Origami-inspired Microbots, Our Future Planet Explorers under Space
- Mars Radiation Shield Set for Trials on Lunar Missions under Space
- Overcrowding In Space Will Be An Issue Someday under Space
- NASA to Construct Deep Space Gateway to Aid Space Travel under Space